Window Box Card Tutorial
Ok, so here goes my first ever attempt at an online tutorial! Please be kind J
These templates are drawn on scale.... or very close to scale.
5.5 x 7.5” Card Stock x 3
Double sided tissue tape / glue
1. 1st piece of CS. Score all the score lines. Score lines to be scored as follows
a. Template A – 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7”
2. Make cross cut as shown with red lines in Template A.
3. Fold the following score lines – 0.5,1, 1.5, 6, 6.5, 7” – all in the same direction.
4. Fold all 4 Triangular's back on blue score line
5. Fold all 4 Triangular’s forward on pink score line - Set aside for now -
6. 2nd and 3rd piece of CS. Score all the score lines. Score lines to be scored as follows
a. Template B – 0.5, 1, 6.5, 7”
7. Fold all the score lines in same directions
8. Cut 3rd CS in half – on 7.5” side at 3.75”
9. You now have a left & right door. Cut panel out for acetate. Glue acetate with glossy accents.
10. Now for the tricky part that’s really not that tricky:
11. 2nd CS : Adhere tape/glue as indicated
12. Glue Template B to Template A where indicated on Template A. This should be done on the back side of the frame to form frame side and bottom. Also do on opposite side.
13. Position both doors on frame top so that score lines of doors and frame line up
14. Tape doors on frame as indicated by tape/glue on Template A
15. Now you have a little box with both ends open. Glue, tuck it in and TA DA.
O my word. I so hope that this makes sense. My apologies. English is not my first language, so I had to think hard as to which word would adequately describe what I meant!
And yes I know!! Next time I’ll take step by step pictures!! I am doing this tutorial whilst at work! Boss would so not love me if I sat here with my CS, Camera etc.!!
Please let me know if you struggle. I tried to make Template A self explanatory.